Amazon Ad

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: The Thinkers


The Thinkers is a Canadian political comic strip by Lore Santos, and now you can get it on your BlackBerry PlayBook. Aren't you lucky.

Each strip features one or more bookends in the shape of Auguste Rodin's The Thinker, and associated speech bubbles.

UI
No buttons to speak of, just text on the top and bottom that you can click. Regardless of orientation, the whole app won't fit on your screen, so you have to scroll around to get to things.

Usefulness:
It lets you read what I assume are all the comics. That's fairly useful if you're into The Thinkers.

Reusability:
Although it was released in March (but only popped up on the new releases list today), the latest comic is from August 2011. While more are promised, with only around 30 comics included, you'll burn through things pretty quickly.

What I Liked
-Someone else is interested in Canadian politics. I thought I was the only one.

What I Hated
-Many of the comics have typos. I'm sure I make them all the time as well, but I'm not a fan either way.
-The comics aren't resized to fit the screen, so you have to scroll the image to see everything. That's just inexcusable.

Final Verdict:
This one needs a little bit of work and a lot more content before it's worth your time.




The Thinkers is available for free from swcrusade on BlackBerry App World.
Reviewed version 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment